This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to conduct telescopic materials handler operations. It applies to those working in site-based roles.
The course covers all aspects of telehandler operations in the civil construction industry including:
- Conducting prestart and start-up checks prior to commencing operations
- Selecting equipment or attachments suitable to job requirements
- Assessing site and operating hazards
- Using load handling communication methods to communicate with dogman
- Attaching, securing, lifting, carrying and placing materials to meet job requirements
- Techniques to suit different work conditions
- Transporting machine and equipment safely between worksites
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance
- Cleaning up after operations.
The nationally recognised qualification RIIHAN309F Conduct telescopic materials handler operations, is delivered under a third-party agreement by V.E.T. Centre (QLD) on behalf of All States Training RTO #32577.
All States Training RTO #32577 is the Registered Training Organisation that issues certification upon successful completion of the accredited course.